- Full-day trip to Agra with a private English-speaking guide
- Visit two of India’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the iconic Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, plus see Itmad-ud-daulah’s Tomb
- Take a walk through the rural village of Kachhpura – watch a street play and admire the traditional art form of Sanjhi
- Learn about the golden Mughal era as you explore lesser-known monuments and study their architecture
- Enjoy three full meals and complimentary bottled mineral water
- Round-trip transport by train and private vehicle included
What You Can Expect
- Full Name
- Age and Date of Birth
- Passport Number and Nationality
The Taj Mahal ! There is nothing else to say ! This is the moment we looked forward to and it is everything you have imagined - Stunning, inspiring and the memories of a lifetime- Viator used a tour company for our tour and they did an excellent job - however please read about the Kachhpura option below to see if this specific tour is for you -
We were picked up at 5 am because our trip to Agra was by way of the direct train that leaves at 6 am and takes 2.5 hours. This is a great option as compared to driving - you get a reserved seat and its a comfortable ride all the way there - they serve some snacks on board but we brought food from the hotel. We were met at the train station and off we went for the tour. Nothing can compare to the WOW factor of the Taj Mahal - Our guide Sanjay has a History degree and was a fountain of information - extremely professional and friendly - he clearly is an expert in his field and his explanations were very clear and interesting. We bought the photo package at the Taj Mahal - for about 100 US we had personal photographer take 60 photos of us that were developed, printed and put in an album before we left - he posed us and got us the most incredible memories. Most importantly you get the jpg images on a computer disc so you can make your own prints and load them to your computer that night ! this was well worth it for a trip of a lifetime - we spent plenty of time at the Taj Lunch was included and was a buffet at a 5 star hotel in Agra and was delicious. We went to the Agra Fort and had an extensive tour of the palace and also toured the mini Taj - Now the Kachhpura Village is an interesting option - it is billed as a Mughal heritage walking tour but in reality it has a little bit of Mughal relics but more importantly it is a walk into a typical rural village - its not easy to see the way of life and poverty but the people are friendly and their spirit is inspiring. We were glad we did it - Ask for Sanjay !
Great trip, tour guides spoke perfect English and were very adept at handling some of the difficult cultural obstacles. I will book with Viator again.