- Half-day walking tour of Ballimaaran, an area of Old Delhi
- Take in the local atmosphere and learn about Delhi’s heritage as you walk the streets with a private guide
- At Chor Bazaar, feast on a meal of local Indian specialties
- Enjoy the colorful sights and wonderful smells of Chandni Chowk
- Admire the marvelous Indian architecture of the Red Fort and Jama Masjid
- Listen to your guide's informative commentary and fun anecdotes about Old Delhi and the sites you see
What You Can Expect
Lots of pluses about this tour. I can't think of a better way to immerse oneself in Old Delhi than to walk it. Having a guide made the walk informative, entertaining and safe. My wife and I were impressed with the guide and the driver - on time pick up at hotel and pleasant interactions throughout the day. Perhaps our only criticism would be the lunch which was in an all too touristy restaurant. With a guide it would have been a wonderful opportunity to venture into a place that catered to locals. Also it seems inevitable on any tour in India that we have experienced to be taken to a touristy store or two (in our case a tea shop and a rug store), even though we said at the outset that we had NO interest in shopping. But the drives to the shops was interesting and so not a total loss.
United States of America
The Fort is the highlight of this tour. Take lots of picturs and enjoy the history, scenery, and above all-the quiet. In the Chandni Chowk you will be wishing you were back in the fort. It is a cesspool that is worth seeing for the spectacle. Enjoy the crush of humanity but watch yourself. It would be insane to bring small children on this tour. This tour is for the experience not the shopping. You will get better quality souvenirs at the Airport- honest. The auto rickshaw ride in the spice market is on par with any roller coaster ride- without any of the safety features. A tour of this area is a must since you would be in serious trouble if attempted on your own.