- Airboat ride on Louisiana bayous including round-trip transport from New Orleans
- 1.5-hour fast ride in an airboat over wetlands surrounding fishing village of Jean Lafitte
- Learn about the history and culture of communities that live on the bayous from your native guide
- See alligators in the wild, native birds and giant river rodents called nutria -- plus a live albino alligator exhibit
- Food and drink available for purchase before boat ride
What You Can Expect
In Jean Lafitte, you can get some snacks (own expense) and check out an albino alligator exhibit before boarding your choice of a small or large airboat, a vessel that relies on an aircraft-type propeller mounted on its back to move it forward. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiflty over the wetlands.
Your native boat captain will talk about the history and culture of the area and point out wildlife as you travel. See lots of alligators lurking in the marshes, as well as local birds, raccoons and nutria -- giant river rodents that call the bayous home.
Conclude your 4-hour family-friendly escape to the Louisiana wetlands with coach transport back to central New Orleans.
we were very lucky on our boat ride, we saw the biggest aligator along with a lot of others thru out the ride.
a great time had by us, weather, driver, sights..
The boat driver (Allan) and the event itself were fantastic. The only thing that could improve is the timing or lunch. 10:45 to app. 3-4 pm getting back downtown is a stretch.