- Airboat ride on Louisiana bayous including round-trip transport from New Orleans
- 1.5-hour fast ride in an airboat over wetlands surrounding fishing village of Jean Lafitte
- Learn about the history and culture of communities that live on the bayous from your native guide
- See alligators in the wild, native birds and giant river rodents called nutria -- plus a live albino alligator exhibit
- Food and drink available for purchase before boat ride
What You Can Expect
In Jean Lafitte, you can get some snacks (own expense) and check out an albino alligator exhibit before boarding your choice of a small or large airboat, a vessel that relies on an aircraft-type propeller mounted on its back to move it forward. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiflty over the wetlands.
Your native boat captain will talk about the history and culture of the area and point out wildlife as you travel. See lots of alligators lurking in the marshes, as well as local birds, raccoons and nutria -- giant river rodents that call the bayous home.
Conclude your 4-hour family-friendly escape to the Louisiana wetlands with coach transport back to central New Orleans.
I'm a country girl from Texas, used to outdoor activities and hunting. So I knew it would have to be great to satisfy me. Well, it was GREAT! Corey was a great guide and kept us laughing! I never realized how beautiful the swamp is. The water, the trees, the moss, the birds, and yes, the alligators! I highly recommend this tour!
This was an excellent tour....
We were made to feel welcome right from the start, all the staff were helpful and the airboat driver Richie was first rate , spending time to explain all that we were seeing and experiencing.Only negative comment would be that our party of 11/12 were expecting to be on two small boats and we were on a large boat with others....this though was soon forgotten.... Would ..Will definitely use this company again.