- Tour of the Degas House in New Orleans
- Explore the former home and art studio of French Impressionist artist Edgar Degas
- Learn intimate details about this historic home from your guide, Degas’ actual great-grandniece!
- See first-hand where Degas found inspiration for many of his greatest masterpieces
- Peruse the gift shop for unique Degas-inspired souvenirs
- Upgrade to enjoy a wonderful courtyard breakfast before your tour
What You Can Expect
Liked it alot..v interesting and influential time of his life..quite a way so need a car/cab
I really enjoyed my trip the Degas House. There was no original art there, but the tour was run by a great grand daughter of a cousin of Degas. She really gave a lot of flavor of the times and growth of New Orleans. I felt it was a worthwhile trip. I took the 91 bus from Canal Street and Ramparts and was left a block away, and the bus stops right in front of the house for the trip back. My tour from viator and was supposed to include a trip to the New Orleans Art Museum too and I paid a premium for that option. No rep or message was there from Viator about that part of the tour. The woman running the Degas House tour told me the museum was closed Mondays but feeling sorry for me gave me a ticket to the museum for the next day which was very nice but it threw off my tight schedule as I was leaving New Orleans Tuesday. So I am very disappointed in Viatour though my friend had recommended them to me. I am now concerned about booking through Viatour again. They ought to review their website.