This small-group tour is limited to eight people (small airboat) or 25 people (large airboat) to allow for better views of the wildlife.
Please note: If you book the self-drive option you will not receive hotel pick up
- Self-drive to swampland close to New Orleans for an airboat ride
- Enjoy a fast, thrilling ride on tidewater cypress swampland near the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- See alligators, turtles, snakes, egrets, herons, ibis and other wildlife
- Choose from morning and afternoon departures on a small or large airboat
- Small-group tour limited to eight people (small airboats) or 25 people (large airboats) for a more interactive experience
What You Can Expect
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your flat-bottomed airboat is powered by an aircraft propeller to allow a fast, fluid trip through the shallow marshes. Feel the wind on your face as you zip into bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees and your pilot points out a stunning variety of wildlife.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on rocks! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording you amazing photo opportunities. Also keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Your morning or afternoon airboat tour ends at the embarkation point. Be sure to check out the indoor exhibits of alligators — including an albino alligator — before making your way back to downtown New Orleans on your own.
Note: This tour does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off (unless hotel pickup and drop-off is selected at checkout).
This tour was amazing!
This tour was so much fun! Our guide was funny and very informative. The ride was awesome and we even got to hold baby gators! It's just a short drive from New Orleans and totally worth it! It was also very affordable and worth every penny. I plan on going on another airboat ride next time I visit!!