- Self-drive to swampland close to New Orleans for an airboat ride
- Enjoy a fast, thrilling ride on tidewater cypress swampland near the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- See alligators, turtles, snakes, egrets, herons, ibis and other wildlife
- Choose from morning and afternoon departures on a small or large airboat
- Small-group tour limited to eight people (small airboats) or 25 people (large airboats) for a more interactive experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Large GatorPhoto by: joy s
- Upclose and personalPhoto by: Gary J
- AWESOME - I held a baby gator ...Photo by: April S
- Swamp TourPhoto by: Cynthia K
- At the end of our Bayou Tour, ...Photo by: Vivian A
- Alligator on Airboat RidePhoto by: Jason E
- Gator country!Photo by: George F
- feeding gatorsPhoto by: Jennifer R
What You Can Expect
Boat captain George was great - born and bred in the area - really knew his stuff - great tour - beautiful scenery, lots of fun - very informative.
This is a great experience. Clearly our boat captain was very experienced and knew where to take us for great scenery and an experience with a large alligator! He also had a baby alligator onboard which we were able to hold and take pictures with. The ride was comfortable and thrilling, but accessible for people of all ages. Life preservers are provided as well as ear protectors for the noise from the large engine. The boat office has a restroom and provides low cost snacks and air conditioning as you wait for your boat. No alcohol is sold, so bring your own if you select the bus pick up from your hotel. They allowed small coolers of beer onboard and this adds to the party. I would recommend this for all ages, the experience is fun and memorable.
Fun ride through the bayou - was prettier than expected. Driver did a great job of stopping periodically to point out alligators and talk about the history of the area. He encouraged questions and did his best to answer them no matter how silly they were. Good sense of humor. Really enjoyed it.
This tour was amazing!
Omg the tour was awesome!!! It is a must do for the bucket list!!
Even though it poured of rain for the whole time, it was still an amazing trip. The Guide was great and made sure we still saw some alligators despite the weather and he let us hold and take pics with Al (his baby Aligator) definitely recommend this trip!
Our guide was a lot of fun and very informative! This was a perfect activity for a hot day. The swamp was beautiful! Worth every penny.
This ride / tour was amazing. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area including plants and reptiles. He was entertaining as well as informative. Definitely a highlight of our vacation.
We did this on our last day, and it was worth waiting for. We had a great guide Chris,I think and saw lots of gators! Very exhilarating and a nice end to our visit.
This is the best Air boat tour.
The guides are very knowledgeable about the Gators and their surroundings.
Cant recommend this enough to anyone travelling to NOLA.