- New Orleans architectural tour
- Drive along the French Quarter, Jackson Square and Esplanade Avenue
- Explore the tombs of historic St Louis Cemetery #3 on a guided tour
- See the late-1700s homes on Bayou St John
- Admire the antique carousel in City Park
- Enjoy a guided tour of Longue Vue House and Gardens, an exquisite 8-acre city estate
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Next, hop off your van and stretch your legs at the historic St Louis Cemetery #3. During a guided walking tour, see some of its many societal tombs, such as the Hellenic Orthodox community and the Dante Lodge of Masons, which represent the varied backgrounds of New Orleans' former residents.
Back on your van, travel along peaceful Bayou St John, where you’ll see houses from the late 1700s. Stop for refreshments and rest rooms after a drive through City Park, home to the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park and centuries-old live oaks.
Make your way along Lake Pontchartrain's shores, where you’ll learn about the levee system and see one of the longest causeway bridges in the world, and then arrive at your final stop – the Longue Vue House and Gardens. Peer through the window of time during a guided tour that reveals 20 rooms of antiques, specialty collections and art -- all nestled amid 8 acres (3 hectares) of regal gardens.
On the drive back to your hotel, you’ll pass through Uptown and along St Charles Avenue, where the grand colonial mansions of the Garden District are some of the most beautiful in all the South.
Loved our city tour. Guide Kath was very friendly, knowledgeable, and conscientious For instance, I loved she provided each one laminated maps for perspective on what was being seen. She also went out of her way to ensure we made it to our next tour, dropping us off exactly where we needed to be!
This tour was amazing!