- New Orleans cooking class focused on appetizers and cocktails
- Listen as your instructor discusses New Orleans's rich culinary heritage and explains various cooking techniques
- Help cook and mix cocktails, or simply offer suggestions and help with presentation if you prefer
- Make southern specialties such as praline bites, grits and gumbo
- Savor several appetizers and three tasting-size cocktails at the end of your class
- Take home recipes and a glossary of terms
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people to ensure a more intimate experience
What You Can Expect
Your class menu includes three southern appetizers such as pecan praline bites, chicken and andouille gumbo, Lafayette potato salad, fried ham steak, braised bacon and smoked Gouda grits, artichoke and hollandaise sauce, and asparagus salad with poached eggs. In addition to whipping up these dishes, shake up a few classic New Orleans cocktails to start the weekend off right!
Throughout your class, your instructor helps your group prepare your meal on shared kitchen equipment and talks about the rich culinary legacy of New Orleans. Finally, it's time to enjoy the authentic local meal you helped create! Savor the hearty appetizers and three tasting-size cocktails with your small group. After the 2 to 3 hours you spend in class, walk away with recipes, a glossary of local lingo and a better appreciation for the world-class food and drink in New Orleans.