Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group food tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 4-hour New Orleans food tour around the hotspots of St Charles Avenue and the Garden District
- Hear about New Orleans thriving restaurant scene and learn about the city’s culinary heritage
- Visit at least four eateries around town and sample classic southern staples as well as New Orleans' specialties with modern twists
- Chow down on delights such as locally made candy, pralines and a pork belly slider
- Try a craft beer, and see punch mixed according to a 19th-century recipe in a glitzy cocktail lounge
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 14 ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
One of the city’s burgeoning food hotspots is the area around St Charles Avenue and the upmarket Garden District. Head there on foot and start sampling dishes aplenty in the eateries that many city visitors miss. Dishes and venues may change on occasion, but your route always includes at least four food stops that collectively provide enough food for a meal.
Visit the Avenue Pub, a real locals’ favorite, to try the chef’s surprise and a craft beer, and then continue to Pralines by Jean for a selection of traditional New Orleans candy and pralines. Peruse the wares at Fleurty Girl, a sell-everything-store where goods are made by local New Orleanians, and sample Irish-inspired fare at the lively Irish House pub.
Treat your tastebuds to contemporary southern classics such as a pork belly slider in the traditional Tivoli and Lee restaurant. Then, head to Belloq, cocktail lounge and New Orleans institution, to watch their mixologists create a 19th-century-style punch. Finish your food tour on a high note with a glass of the fruity alcoholic brew, and then walk back to the French Quarter with your guide, where your tour finishes.