- Half-day food walking tour of the French Quarter
- Visit world-renowned restaurants in New Orleans and discover the finest Louisiana cooking
- Learn about the history of fine cooking in New Orleans from your enthusiastic guide
- Enjoy food tastings from six or seven famous eateries and one cocktail tasting
- Customize your tour to suit your own tastes
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Indulge in six or seven food tastings and one alcoholic beverage tasting during your tour. You may have chargrilled oysters at Seafood Treasure, red beans and rice at Napolean House, and beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde. Try a popular cocktail with a distinctive New Orleans' twist at Pimms Cup. Pimms originated in England, but the Pimms Cup cocktail was dreamed up in New Orleans. Your tastings are all included in the price of your tour and easily add up to a meal's worth of food. There's a moderate amount of walking involved as you move from one exceptional restaurant to the next, so it's easy to work off the calories!
Your 3-hour tasting adventure concludes in the French Quarter where you can keep exploring on your own or return to a favorite eatery on your own later for a sit-down meal!
- Seafood Treasure: chargrilled oysters
- Antoines: Souffled Potatoes
- Pimms Cup: typical New Orleans cocktail
- NOSC: dips to taste and culinary shopping
- Sweet Palate: chocolate tasting
- French Market Muffaletta
- French Market Gumbo or Red Beans
- Loretta's Pralines
This was my second time taking this tour and I can't recommend it enough! I actually took this tour last year with Julie, and this year from Elizabeth. Both are amazing guides who will give you far more than just a great food experience- they will tell you all about the amazing history of New Orleans through food! They also provide fantastic recommendations on what to see, do, and eat while in New Orleans. I've done many tours through Viator all over the world, and this remains my favorite!
When I went to New Orleans I decided I wanted to eat everything. Well, this tour sure takes care of a lot of the items on any foodie's list. Our guide Philipe was softspoken but brimming with interesting facts about all the food he gave us, the origins, the stories, and the culture behind every dish. Go hungry because you'll eat a little bit of a lot of stuff and will feel quite full before the tour is even over.
$54.99 Save $2.74