This small-group tour is limited to seven people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Explore New Orleans on this Mardis Gras-themed Segway tour
- Cruise through the French Quarter and down Bourbon Street with your guide
- Visit Lafayette Square and the historic Tremé neighborhood
- Learn about the history of Mardis Gras traditions at the Backstreet Cultural Museum
- Choose from three departure times
- This tour only runs during Mardi Gras season, so book now!
- Small-group tour limited to seven people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
As you cruise through the French Quarter, your guide will share the interesting history of this world-famous multi-day event that’s filled with parades, wild costumes and music. See wonderfully decorated houses and balconies that lend to the quaint French character of this bustling neighborhood, and make photo stops along the way to capture this unique area.
Cruise down famous Bourbon Street, the epicenter of Mardi Gras festivities, and ride through Lafayette Square, the traditional center of the American side of town where some of the biggest and most popular parades occur, such as Rex, Endymion and Zulu.
Pass the Municipal Auditorium, used for Mardi Gras balls until its closure due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and hear stories about the Mardi Gras Indians, one of New Orleans’ most colorful African-American carnival traditions. You’ll also see the location where the famous Krewe du Vieux parade begins.
When you reach the historic Tremé neighborhood, hop off your Segway and take a guided tour of the Backstreet Cultural Museum (Tues-Sat only). As you explore exhibits documenting New Orleans’ Mardi Gras traditions, you'll see vibrant costumes, learn about the Skull and Bone Gangs and Baby Dolls, and browse photos and videos of the many diverse characters that take to the streets on Mardi Gras Day.
After soaking in the contagious Mardi Gras spirit, you’ll return to your original departure point.