- Small-group airboat ride with transport from New Orleans
- Take a 2-hour airboat tour through Louisiana’s bayous
- Enjoy the lush marsh scenery and watch for native wildlife
- Hear entertaining facts and stories about the region from your guide
- Have the chance to hold a baby alligator, feed a giant catfish or meet a nutria!
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Airboat RidePhoto by: Deborah C
- P5276219Photo by: Tim P
- Great Tour! A must!Photo by: Brigitte M
- Leaping GatorPhoto by: Kathy W
- Baby GatorPhoto by: Senta L
- Suntanning!!!Photo by: Sheila S
- IMG_0710Photo by: Sheila S
- Baby alligatorPhoto by: Jessie W
- Hungry AlligatorPhoto by: jim M
- a swamp owlPhoto by: Fred F
- My buddy AlPhoto by: Everett S
USA, 04 2014
- Amy the alligator.Photo by: julie c
United Kingdom, 03 2014
- Beautiful sceneryPhoto by: Michael H
- A unique experiencePhoto by: Michael H
- Maxine or Remax??Photo by: hallee
Canada, 11 2013
- 2 GatorsPhoto by: Mary Rita S
- Marita CapitanPhoto by: Mary Rita S
- Marita and MonkeyPhoto by: Mary Rita S
- Swamp with GatorsPhoto by: Mary Rita S
- Habitant du BayouPhoto by: Anne-Marie M
What You Can Expect
Upon arrival, take your seat on the airboat and hold on as the boat takes off for the 2‐hour tour. Enjoy close proximity to the water surface and warm breezes as you zip through secluded bayous, reaching speeds of up to 45 mph (72 kph)! Spot alligators, snakes, beavers and giant river rodents called nutria lurking in the waterways. Savor the moments of calm when the boat slows and your native captain shares stories about the area’s history and abundant wildlife. For the full experience, don’t pass up the captain’s invite to hold a baby alligator or feed a giant catfish!
Your 4‐hour bayou adventure ends with a return to your hotel by coach, arriving in early afternoon or evening.
This has to be the best Airboat tour (it was not just a ride). We saw and learned so much! Alligators swam right up to the boat and hung around for us to observe. When we stopped in a beautiful cove even a raccoon came out to greet. It doesn and #39;t get better than this!
Great tour -- the small airboat was perfect for our group of three. We had another family of 3 join us, and it never felt crowded. Our guide, Rennan, was personable and knowledgeable about the swamp and its animals without being overbearing. He knew the swamp in and out and took us to secluded sections of the bayou. We were the only boat there and only saw other boats when we left/returned to the dock!
The transportation from the French Quarter was easy -- we stayed at an AirBnB but picked a hotel from their pickup/drop-off points that was closeby and it worked out well.
The driver had a little tour of the city as we picked up other guests and made our way to the swamp.
Highly recommend this tour over other larger boats that are impersonal and touristy.
This was one of the best experiences of my life! It was hauntingly beautiful and so cool to see the alligators, we even got to hold a baby! Our tour guide Steve was absolutely amazing! So knowledgeable and fun. We went in the morning and I highly suggest it. It and #39;s cooler and you and #39;ll see more gators.
The trip was great, but I was REALLY IRRITATED to find out that VIATOR charged me a full 29 more than had I bought tickets down there Everyone else paid 95 each. I am going to go online to notify neighbors and friends that Viator does this.
Great tour, was the highlight of our trip to New Orleans. Captain Sam was great!
The tour was great - Viator had everything set up and was very professional. Pick up was exactly on time - ride out to the boat was entertaining and the boat was great. Definitely better to go w/ the small boat vs the ones that hold 20 or so. Our Capt. was funny and nice and we saw a lot of gators as well as some beautiful parts of the swamp - Would Definitely Recommend!
Guide was knowledgeable, friendly and funny. Speeding across the lake was a highlight. Time spent in the bayou was informative and unique
Our guide was so amazing, loved our trip learned so much about the swamps and the animals who live there. Holding the alligator was the best part of our whole New Orleans adventure and feeding the 12 foot gator marshmellow will be a memory we will never forget. Great job to all of you and for what you are doing.