- Guided tours of Oak Alley and Laura plantations from New Orleans
- See guides in period costume and gorgeous old oak trees at Oak Alley Plantation
- Tour the gardens and historic slave quarters at Laura Plantation
- Learn about Oak Alley, Laura and other local plantations from your guide
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people for a more relaxed experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Head along the Great River Road on the shores of the Mississippi to Oak Alley Plantation. During your 1.5-hour tour, admire the mansion's Greek Revival architecture, and listen to guides in period costume talk about the lives of those who called the plantation home. Afterward, enjoy some free time to walk under the spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks on the plantation grounds.
Leave Oak Alley and continue along the Great River Road. Pass Whitney, St Joseph and Evergreen plantations and learn about their histories from your guide before arriving at Laura Plantation, a lovely Creole plantation surrounded by sugarcane fields. After seeing the mansion, explore the outbuildings and lush flower and vegetable gardens. Your 1.5-hour guided tour finishes up in one of the slave cabins where the West African folktales that inspired the Br'er Rabbit stories were said to be recorded.
Following your tour of Laura Plantation, reboard your van for the ride back to New Orleans. Your 5.5-hour Louisiana plantation experience ends with drop-off at your hotel.