- Plantation tours New Orleans
- Tour of two separate plantations, Oak Alley Plantation and Laura Plantation
- On your guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation see a giant live oak trees, believed to be nearly 300 years old
- Visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters
- The small-group atmosphere with maximum 13 people ensures a more personal experience
On your ride out to Oak Alley Plantation, you will see and hear all about Whitney, Josephine, and Evergreen Plantations. Your guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation will allow you time to admire this jewel of Greek Revival architecture. The quarter-mile canopy of giant live oak trees, believed to be nearly 300 years old, forms an impressive avenue leading to the classic Greek-revival style antebellum home.
Next visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Reviewed by Carmen R M, May 2013
This is a wonderful visit to the past. The Plantation is great, the environment make you go to the past and recreated the time. The trees give the most beautiful view you can imagine!!!!
Reviewed by Roger T, April 2013
We highly recommend this tour. These plantations take us back more than a century showing us the granduer, the hardship, tragedy of their way of life. The homes and the grounds were fascinating. The reality of slavery left us with a lasting impression of their human sacrifice.