- Certified guided walking tour of Ground Zero and the 9/11 Memorial
- Be captivated by first-hand stories of 9/11 from your guide, who has a personal connection with the event
- Gain an understanding of the tragedy and heroism of that fateful day
- Upgrade to add admission to the 9/11 Museum to see artifacts associated with the events of 9/11
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Ground Zero is an essential stop on any first-time visit to New York. I suggest opting for the Museum admission ticket for a complete experience.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Spirtual Tour of 9/11Photo by: Mary K
- God BlessPhoto by: Deena M
- 9/11 Tour with TonyPhoto by: bradmartyn
- Sobering experencePhoto by: wayne m
- In remembrance...Photo by: Dacz B
United Arab Emirates, 07 2015
- Birthday RosePhoto by: James H
- Hope and Healing.Photo by: Debra B
- Happy Birthday NancyPhoto by: Debra B
- Tekst en uitlegPhoto by: Ingrid E
- Ladder 3Photo by: Ingrid E
- Tri-pod steel collumPhoto by: Ingrid E
- Last Pilar from Ground ZeroPhoto by: Ingrid E
- 9/11 MemorialPhoto by: Ingrid E
- new world trade centre nr1Photo by: Ingrid E
- 9/11 memorial with rosePhoto by: Jennifer R
- Trade Center 1Photo by: Darryl H
- The beginning of our tour, a ...Photo by: Karen D
- Pieces of our lives, saved.Photo by: Karen D
- Sky high… standing tall and ...Photo by: Karen D
- At the MemorialPhoto by: Brian H
What You Can Expect
You'll visit St. Paul Chapel, New York City's oldest standing church. During the tragic days following the event, it served as a shelter for rescue workers to sleep and eat. The church experienced its own miracle on 9/11 when a fallen tree protected the building from the debris of the attacks. Take note of the iron fence on Broadway, which was plastered with missing posters of relatives.
Then, follow your guide to the 9/11 Memorial, where you’ll gain an understanding of the horrific events of 9/11. As you explore the site where the World Trade Center once stood, you’ll be captivated by real firsthand stories of 9/11 from your guide, who has a personal connection with that fateful day in New York City.
The 9/11 Memorial was built to honor the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. The names of every victim of the attack are inscribed in panels alongside twin reflecting pools, spanning nearly an acre with the largest man-made waterfalls in North America. You'll have until 6pm to explore the memorial on your own.
9/11 Museum Upgrade:
You can also upgrade to gain admission to the 9/11 Museum. Your guide will give a brief overview of what you can expect inside the museum, which opened in May 2014. The 9/11 Museum’s 110,000 square feet (10,219 square meters) of exhibition space is located within the archaeological heart of the World Trade Center site. The stories of the 1993 and 2001 bombings of the World Trade Center, and the people affected by the events, are told through multimedia displays, archives, narratives, and a collection of authentic artifacts. The monumental artifacts in the museum present the intimate stories of loss, compassion, reckoning, and recovery that are central to telling the story of the attacks and the aftermath.
John Garay, our guide, gave a respectful and educational tour. He recalled events from his perspective, showing sensitivity to his audience and the surroundings. The tour was completed at a pace that left us having the time to take in and reflect the stories he told. John was open to questions that were raised and took time to speak to each individual on the tour. Excellent job. Thank you!
Found this tour very moving. John spoke from the heart with his personal experience and I felt honoured that he chose to do Thai.
Excellent Tour and Tour Guide!
Tony, our tour guide had first hand experience of the days events. He filled the tour with interesting facts in a passionate and energetic way. We loved listening to him. He had so much information to share. The Museum upgrade is a Must! A tour we will long Remember....!!!
The guide was very informative and great. It is a must tour for all who go to New York
Wonderful experience with a very interesting guide. Would recommend this guided tour to everyone.
Our tour guide was not only knowledgeable about the 9/11 memorial, but she also gave a personal rendition of what her family's story from that day. Great tour.
This tour was the most rememberable tour we did coming to to New York.We did not get time to see the museum but if we return we will be sure to.
My husband and i truly enjoyed the tour. Our tour guide Linda was very good. Have to say that the time and money they put into this produce is well worth it. They did a beautiful job!!!!!!!!!
My husband and I were very touched and loved the tour! Our tour guide was amazing and full of stories that made the tour very heartfelt!
Ground walking tour ok - with some interesting facts, didn't feel that the guide had too much of a personal connection with events tho'.
Museum was superb - very moving experience.
Hint: - Don't miss the museum if you choose this tour - It was the highlight of this visit.