- 2-hour Brooklyn Navy Yard tour
- Learn all about New York’s naval and martime history from your guide
- Visit a former navy hospital and a 19th-century dry dock that's still used today for ship repair
- Check out the country’s first multi-story ‘green’ industrial building and first wind- and solar-powered street lamps
- See historical photographs and listen to audio clips of WW2-era workers, manufacturers and farmers
- Great for history buffs, urban planners, and people interested in sustainable architecture and industry!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit some of the yard’s most intriguing places, like the 19th-century navy hospital and surgeon's house and the oldest dry dock in the US, which is still used for ship repair today.
For more than 150 years, this yard created America's most famous fighting ships, from the USS Maine to the USS Missouri. Hear how it has transformed from one of the nation's top naval shipbuilding facilities into a national leader for sustainable urban industrial parks. It now houses the nation's first multi-story ‘green’ industrial building, featuring wind turbines and wind- and solar-powered street lamps.
To enhance your experience, see historical photographs and listen to audio clips of WW2-era workers, manufacturers and farmers.
You’ll also learn how today the manufacturing facilities are used by hundreds of companies and generate a wide range of products ranging from modular housing units to military body armor, Sweet n' Low, whiskey and movie set designs!
Fascinating and a worth while trip whole heatedly recommend it to anyone who's new to NYC or just never taken one of these trips ever even if you aren't new here.
Very well organized. Excellent tour guide, knowledgeable and pleasant. Presentation well-paced and informative.