- Full-day unescorted trip to Washington DC from New York by train
- Avoid the hassle of driving with included round-trip train transport between New York and Washington DC
- Enjoy a hop-on hop-off bus tour of Washington DC, stopping to visit attractions along the way at your own pace
- See famous Washington DC sights including the White House, US Capitol and Lincoln Memorial independently
- Lunch at the food court inside Union Station included
What You Can Expect
Stay on board the bus for the entire 2-hour tour to learn all about Washington DC's history and major landmarks, or hop on and off as you wish to capture amazing photos of iconic sights and tour them independently. Admire the White House and US Capitol, and see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and US Marine Corps War (Iwo Jima) Memorial. Check out the lively Georgetown University neighborhood, see Embassy Row, and visit the staggering collection at the Library of Congress. Take in the solemn spectacle of thousands of grave markers at Arlington National Cemetery reflecting the high cost of war.
After an attraction-packed afternoon in Washington DC, head back to Union Station to catch your return train to New York City. Your 12-hour unescorted day trip to New York City concludes at Penn Station.
If you want to see Washington its worth the train trip 3 hours each way from New York City. For us it was well worth it.
A comprehensive and easy-to-do self-navigational tour. A long day, but would highly recommend.
Beautiful city one day isn't enough to see all there is to see. Felt like we had a rushed day take time to go and stay there for a couple of days it is well worth it.
A great trip but the day we chose happened to be extremely cold. Other than that it was a lovely and comfortable train ride and the 'hop on hop off' bus was good too. Thank you :)
Its worth going to Washington as there are many sights to see. the train left around 8:00 so we got their at lunchtime. The only problem we had was that the train going back to New York was at 19:30 and you can not go on a n earlier train, so this makes it a very long day.
Krishna k. R