- Guided walking tour from Manhattan to Brooklyn
- Walk with your guide over the Brooklyn Bridge and learn about its architecture, history and construction
- Admire views of Manhattan landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Williamsburg Bridge and Empire State Building
- Visit Brooklyn art galleries and see different styles of contemporary art in Dumbo
- Stop at a chocolate shop and famous French bakery, where you can purchase desserts
While you walk, your guide will tell you about the architecture and history of the Brooklyn Bridge. Learn about the family that constructed the famous bridge and the great losses they suffered during the process. Take in incredible views of the NYC skyline and stop for plenty of photo opportunities. You'll catch views of the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Freedom Tower and the Chrysler Building.
Once you reach Brooklyn, descend into the neighborhood ‘Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass,’ known as Dumbo. Here, visit a complex of art galleries dedicated to different styles of contemporary Brooklyn art. Enjoy the culture of the neighborhood as you visit a chocolate factory, a hot chocolate shop and a famous French bakery that has been featured on the Food Network. Purchase any yummy desserts that catch your eye (you did walk all the way across the Brooklyn Bridge, after all – you deserve a treat).
End your tour in Brooklyn Bridge Park, the largest development in Brooklyn since the creation of Prospect Park. Here you can enjoy scenic waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge.
Reviewed by Nichole L, January 2013
Very good tour. We did this tour on our first day in NYC and we were left in Brooklyn to figure out the Subway from there. Needless to say we got lost and it was not a good feeling. If you are going to do this tour make sure you know how to get back to Manhattan
Reviewed by Marlene C M, November 2012
Well done! Guides were fun and knowledgable. Great time.