- Skip-the-line admission with guided tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City
- Avoid potentially long lines with your skip-the-line ticket
- Take in the best of the Met's staggering collection with the help of your expert guide
- See art from Europe, America, Asia and Africa, and marvel at the museum's fascinating sculpture and fashion collections
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people (12 with upgrade) to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Delve into the museum's mind-boggling collection of more than two million works of art from all over the world spanning 5,000 years. With more than two million square feet and 400 galleries, the museum can be an overwhelming experience, but your guide takes you to the most important pieces so you get the most out of your time here. Tour galleries focused on Ancient Egyptian art, Greek and Roman art, European art, Asian Art, African art and Oceanic art. See works from the 17th to 19th centuries in The American Wing, including the historic painting, 'Washington Crossing the Delaware.'
Check out The Costume Institute — which showcases the work of prominent fashion designers — and the impressive displays of musical instruments and weaponry from all over the world. Admire the rich collections of drawings, photography and sculpture. In the warmer months, finish your tour with spellbinding New York City views from the museum's rooftop garden (outdoor terrace is closed from November for 4 calendar months and will reopen in the Spring weather permitting).
Your 2.5-hour overview of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's best works concludes at the museum, so it's easy to continue exploring this fascinating place on your own.
The tour was great. The guide was knowledgeable and kind. I enjoyed it very much. It was a great way to get a taste of the museum.
We ended up having our own personal tour as it was just my wife and I with the tour guide. Our guide had worked at the Met previously and was a native New Yorker so she gave us a lot of insights that you wouldn't get outside of this tour. Highly recommend!