- Mouthwatering pizza walking tour through Little Italy, Greenwich Village or SoHo
- Trace and taste the history of pizza from Italy to America with a local pizza expert
- Try different styles of pizza, such as Neapolitan, Sicilian or New York, from some of the city's top pizzerias
- Receive your own pizza tour survival kit with a notebook, palate cleanser and more
- This top-rated tour has been featured on the Travel Channel, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Discovery Channel – don't miss it!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Once you take this tour, you'll understand why it's been featured on so many TV shows. You'll love the super-knowledgeable guide and the chance to sample some of the city's most famous and delicious pizza!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Crosstown Pizza Walking Tour (Little Italy and Greenwich Village)
Visit Manhattan’s famous Little Italy, which the majority of Italian immigrants called home in the early 1900s. See the streets that once overflowed with peddlers and fruit carts and where a peasants’ meal called ‘pizza’ made its debut in America. Visit America’s oldest pizzeria, and admire the sights of these two lovely neighborhoods as you walk.
Greenwich Village Walking Tour (Greenwich Village and SoHo)
Discover the evolution of pizza from its humble origins in Southern Italy to its cheesy transformation in America’s industrial cities. This Manhattan district was once a thriving Little Italy and is currently in the middle of a resurgence, with new shops being opened by recent Italian immigrants. Visit pizzerias that each specialize in a different type of pizza – types that symbolize its development from a lowly Neapolitan street food to a celebrated American staple.
On either tour, visit three of the following pizzerias:
Lombardi’s, Joe’s Pizza, Louie & Ernie’s, Rizzo’s, Keste, Nunzio’s, Sam’s Restaurant, John’s of Bleecker St, Best Pizza, Patsy’s, Totonno’s, Luzzo’s, Arturo’s, Sac’s Place, NY Pizza Suprema, Pizza Roma, J&V Pizzeria, Ben’s of Soho, Zero Otto Nove, Pizza Box, Rose & Joe’s Italian Bakery, Parisi Bakery, Pugsley’s, Pala or Two Boots
Mariam was very informative and enlightening. All pizza sections were good and provided a variety of pizza styles. On our next trip back to NYC we will definitely go back to the establishments she introduced us too for more pizza. YUM!!
informative and delicious!