- Guided afternoon walking tour of Chelsea art galleries in NYC
- Visit several well-known art galleries in Manhattan’s Chelsea district, one of the global centers of contemporary art
- View, admire and critique beautiful artwork
- Small-group tour with expert guide ensures a more personalized experience
- Limited to just six people per tour!
What You Can Expect
Rewind to the early 1990s decades to when the art scene was just starting to blossom in the area: Artists were growing fond of Chelsea’s surplus of inexpensive commercial space, drawing them from swanky SoHo to set up galleries at a fraction of the price. Stretching from 13th to 29th streets between 7th and 11th avenues, Chelsea now boasts more than 370 diverse art galleries featuring talented, world-renowned artists. Visit galleries like Metro Pictures and Paula Cooper and spend the afternoon admiring and critiquing beautiful, inspiring and thought-provoking artwork.
After your art gallery tour, enjoy one of the many cafés or restaurants in the area – where some of the artists themselves once sat!
The galleries available for viewing change daily, depending on featured shows and opening hours.
Our guide was knowledgeable and fun. The galleries were quite interesting and no two were alike. My sister, who was with me, recommended the tour to her son and daughter-in-law for their NY trip
Loved it!! Our guide was knowledgeable about the many artists we experienced on the tour and was flexible as to what art he showed us. Following this tour I felt like I had expanded my view of modern art. I would recommend it for anyone who has an open mind and wants to experience modern art in NYC.