- New York City photography walking tour
- Choose from six options: Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square, or two Iconic New York tours
- Take home memories and skills that will last a lifetime
- Learn how to compose great photographs from a professional photographer
- Discover ways to use your camera more affectively
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personalized, hands-on instruction
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Choose from multiple tour locations to shoot at. Opt for the Brooklyn Bridge tour for dramatic images of the iconic bridge and surrounding skyline. Choose the Central Park tour and learn how to take pictures of New York’s most popular attraction. On the Museum Inside Out tour, photograph inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art and learn how to use lighting to enhance the quality of your photos. For night owls, bring your own tripod to the NYC After Dark tour to learn how to take awesome night photos by capturing bustling Times Square in all its nighttime glory -- you’ll take home great pictures of the city that never sleeps! Or choose one of two Iconic New York tours, perfect for all skill levels, where you'll work with lines and angles to showcase the very best of the city's landmarks.
You are guaranteed a small group of 6-8 people, allowing you to receive one-on-one, hands-on instruction from an experienced professional. An NYC photo tour is a great way to see the sights with the added bonus of learning expert photography tips and tricks.
View the photo tour options below to decide the best fit for you or your group.
A shorter tour that's long on great photo ops. The Brooklyn Bridge is perfect for learning how to add drama with strong composition. Also, this tour affords magnificent Manhattan skyline photos. Seasonal.
Taking advantage of beautiful Central Park, this photography workshop focuses on how to take pictures of the environment. Learn the art of scouting for an image and get a quick lesson in visual editing. Depending on the season (see Departure Point), this tour meets at either the Belvedere Castle or the Bethesda Fountain, allowing you to take full advantage of seasonal changes in foliage.
Museum Inside Out:
This unique tour takes place inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art (admission included). Although there will be famous artwork to photograph, this photo tour concentrates on the use of light. The Met features many would-be outdoor spaces that are now encapsulated inside the building, like the American Courtyard and the European Sculpture Court. These spaces are beautifully lit by huge skylights, offering a unique opportunity to photograph several diverse architectural elements all in one setting.
NYC After Dark:
Join a nighttime tour in Times Square to focus on taking photos in low light. Learn how flash and long exposure work, and take memorable photos that capture the unique signs, lights and billboards of Times Square. This tour is for advanced photographers, and participants must provide their own tripods.
Iconic New York (two choices!):
Capture the city's most iconic sites on this fast paced tour. There's so much to see and photographs, there's two Iconic tours to choose. Appropriate for all skill levels.
- Iconic NY - P1: Photograph Times Square, the Chrysler building, Bryant Park (home of Fashion Week), Grand Central Terminal and the New York Public Library. The departure time for this tour shifts with the seasons, departing in the afternoon to take advantage of the sky's changing colors during the fading light of dusk and concluding as the city lights come alive.
- Iconic NY - P2: Snap photos of Midtown's best attractions including the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, and Central Park. Tours generally depart in the morning and afternoons.
Tour was good, the professional photographer allowed you to try your own thing but also gave good advice and tips. Good range of places visited and photographed. The afternoon just disappeared, an enjoyable tour.
This was an awesome Tour! Zim is very knowledgeable and my daughter enjoyed the tips. The small group was nice as well. Lots of one on one attention