- Wine and cheese tasting on a yacht cruise from Manhattan
- See top New York attractions including the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the Brooklyn Bridge
- Travel aboard an elegant 1920s-style yacht with teak decks, mahogany rails and an enclosed observatory
- Learn wine-tasting techniques under the guidance of a trained sommelier, focusing on the wines of a specific world region
- Enjoy five wine tastings, artisan cheeses and a variety of dried fruits, nuts and breads
- During summer sailings, you may circumnavigate the island of Manhattan
What You Can Expect
Listen as a highly trained sommelier discusses the grapes, soils and styles for the wines from a specific world region, such as northern Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain or France. Practice your wine-tasting technique as you sample five different wines from the selected region. Enjoy an artisan or farmstead cheese pairing with each wine, as well as a selection of dried fruits, nuts and breads.
During your cruise, admire captivating views of the New York City skyline as you travel south along the Hudson River and into New York Harbor. See the World Financial District, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Governors Island before heading up the East River and taking in views of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge. On summer days, you may even get the opportunity to completely circle the island of Manhattan, seeing top New York landmarks including the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and United Nations Headquarters.
In addition to your included tastings, enjoy complimentary soda, juice and water throughout your cruise. Head to the outer deck on the boat's bow for the best views of New York's famous skyscrapers and bridges. After nearly 3 hours, conclude your fun, casual Manhattan cruise back at Chelsea Piers.
June 28: Wine and cheese from the Mediterranean
July 12: Summer sipping paired with cheese and chocolate
July 26: World-wide whites and rose for Summer
August 9: New Zealand wines and US cheeses
August 23: Farm to table wine and cheese
September 13: Portugal wine and cheeses
September 27: Chile and Argentina
October 11: Austrian and German wines with Germanic cheeses and treats
October 25: Spain and the Iberian Peninsula with cheeses, jams and drizzles