- North Island adventure combo in Taupo
- Choose from four exciting activities in three different combinations
- Speed down the Waikato River on a 30-minute, action-packed, jet-boat ride
- Soar over the Wairakei Geothermal Fields on a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Feel your heart race on a 2-hour whitewater rafting tour on the Tongariro River
- Take a 1.5-hour Lake Taupo catamaran cruise to secluded bays and see ancient Maori rock carvings
Combo 1: Helicopter flight and jet-boat ride
Your Taupo adventure begins as you soar into the sky on a 12-minute scenic helicopter flight. You’ll fly over the Wairakei Geothermal Fields, with stunning bird’s-eye views of the Craters of the Moon, the Maori rock carvings and Huka Falls, New Zealand’s most popular natural attraction. Back on the ground; hit the water on a 30-minute jet-boat ride on the Waikato River to Huka Falls, zipping past cliffs and trees at 50 mph (80 kmph). Spin out on 360-degree turns and have river-level views of the mighty Huka Falls as they thunder into the river.
Combo 2: Scenic cruise, helicopter flight and jet-boat ride
If you choose this combo, you’ll begin your day with a 1.5-hour scenic cruise on Lake Taupo, passing tranquil bays surrounded by the soaring peaks of Tongariro National Park. The cruise takes you to see Maori rock carvings, and morning coffee is served on board the catamaran.
Returning to Taupo Marina, swap the water for the air on your 12-minute helicopter flight, detailed in Combo 1, above. Then head back to the water for your 30-minute jet-boat ride, also described above.
Combo 3: Jet-boat ride and whitewater rafting
With this option, your experience begins with the jet-boat ride. Then brave the Tongariro River by whitewater raft! Enjoy a 2-hour rafting experience that combines the heart-pumping action of more than 60 rapids with plenty of calm water where you can sit back and take in the splendid scenery and wildlife.