- Morning or afternoon Segway tour of Newport, led by a friendly local guide
- Learn about Newport's history and the elite Americans who vacationed there during the country's Gilded Age
- Glide past the elaborate mansions of historical Bellevue Avenue
- Upgrade to a 2-hour tour to explore Newport's Ocean Drive, and pass beautiful Gooseberry Beach
- Pose for photos taken by your guide and take them home as a souvenir after finishing the tour
What You Can Expect
1-Hour Morning or Afternoon Tour:
Glide along the open boulevards while listening to your guide’s tales about Newport’s colonial history, and its place today as Rhode Island’s 'city by the sea.' Founded as a colonial town, the city later became playground of America’s rich and famous, and is recognized today as one of the yachting capitals of the world.
Cruise down historical Bellevue Avenue to see the statuesque mansions and manicured gardens that industrial barons and vacationers built around the turn of the 20th century. Pose for photos in front of its handsome buildings, and learn about the powerful and affluent American families — such as the Vanderbilts and Astors — that made their names in the town.
After an hour cruising around the district, follow your guide back to the start point where your tour finishes. Your guide will show you photos taken during your tour so you can take them home as a souvenir, if you wish.
2-Hour Morning or Afternoon Tour:
After gliding along Bellevue Avenue and seeing the sights from the 1-hour tour, continue on a 10-mile (16km) route around Newport’s Ocean Drive. The scenic road affords impressive views of the Atlantic Ocean coastline as well as the mega-dollar mansions that flank the shores.
Pass Gooseberry Beach, admiring its white-sand cove and smattering of rocks, and then stop for photos in front of the ocean’s rolling waves. Ocean Drive is a popular place for activities and you’ll see locals bike riding, fishing and kite flying as you slide by on your Segway.
After two hours of ogling the elaborate homes and coastal views, return to the start point, choose photos to take home as a souvenir, and then bid your guide farewell as your tour finishes.