- Cycle and wine tasting tour through Niagara-on-the-Lake wine region
- Taste unique Canadian wine varietals, including Ontario's famous ice wine, at wineries ranging from large-production to boutique and modern to classic
- Bike along quiet country roads and trails suitable for all fitness levels
- Choose either a half-day or full-day tour
- Enjoy a cheese pairing or full picnic lunch at an Orchard (included; depending on selected option)
- Don't worry about carrying your wine purchases - your tour guide will deliver your wine to your hotel after your tour!
What You Can Expect
After being picked up at your hotel or meeting downtown, your guide will lead you through the historic Niagara-on-the-Lake area and on to four or five wineries (depending on option selected) ranging from large-scale operations to boutique, family-owned vineyards. If you decide to buy a bottle (or 10!), your guide will return to the wineries after the tour to pick up your wine purchases and deliver them to your hotel.
Half-Day Tour with Cheese Pairing: Visit four Niagara-on-the-Lake wineries during this 4.5-hour tour, starting with a vineyard-to-tasting-room guided tour at one of the region's largest and most iconic wineries. Continue to three boutique wineries for more wine tasting, including Pondview Estates Winery, one of the newest wineries in the area, where you’ll enjoy a specialty cheese platter for a delicious cheese and wine pairing.
Full-Day Tour with Picnic Lunch: Begin this 6.5-hour tour with a leisurely cycle to one of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s largest wineries, where you’ll have a full vineyard tour and a wine tasting. Next, cycle to the beautiful Kurtz Orchard for a picnic lunch of sandwiches, salads, fruits and sweets. After lunch, continue with more wine tastings at three to four wineries, including boutique, small-production vineyards.
What a fun way to spend a day at Niagara on The Lakes! We thoroughly enjoyed the wineries, the wine and the good company. The owners and staff of Grape Escape Wine Tours are awesome and they go above and beyond for their customers. You can buy as much wine as you want at all the different wineries and they will have it ready for you to take with you at the end of your bike tour. Thanks from Texas for an exceptional wine tour! Loved it!!!
Excellent guide, gorgeous bike ride!