- Art museum tour of the French Riviera from Nice
- See Mark Chagall’s biblical paintings in the Chagall Museum
- Learn about the movements of Surrealism, Expressionism and Cubism from your expert guide
- Tour the Matisse Museum and see the lifeworks of popular French painter Henri Matisse
- Travel along the Middle Corniche coastal road to the gorgeous Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula
- Explore the apartments and gardens of Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
After pickup from your central Nice hotel, head straight to the leafy Cimiez neighborhood with your guide for your first Nice museum visit of the day -- the Chagall Museum. Dedicated to the lifeworks of Mark Chagall, a revolutionary artist influenced by the movements of Expressionism, Cubism and more, the museum’s main draw is his collection of famous biblical paintings, which you’ll see while exploring the museum with your guide.
The Matisse Museum is nearby on Cimiez Hill, and this is the next museum on your day’s list. The museum is housed in a distinctive red Genoese villa that dates back to the 17th century, with architecture that is arguably every bit as fascinating as the artwork housed within. Step inside and let the bright colors that exemplified Henri Matisse’s artwork inspire your own creative thinking as you wander around with your guide.
After exploring these extraordinary museums with your guide, learning about the artists and the influence of the coastal area on their works, hop back on board your luxury minivan for a scenic coastal drive to the peninsula town of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
Built on the narrowest part of the peninsula is the lavish Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, surrounded by approximately 17 acres (7 hectares) of gorgeous gardens. The apartments that comprise this stunning Italian-style palace are a delight to explore, and you’ll do just that on a comprehensive tour of the grounds. Admire the apartments of Madame Ephrussi with their ornate furnishings, before strolling through the gardens.