This small-group tour is limited to seven people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide.
- Guided visit to Mémorial de Caen and key D-Day sites with lunch included
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour of the Mémorial de Caen museum focusing on D-Day
- Take a 5-hour guided minivan tour of major D-Day sites including Arromanches, Normandy American Cemetery, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc
- Learn the stories behind the statistics of D-Day and World War II from your knowledgeable and passionate guide
- Savor a 2-course lunch at La Terrasse Restaurant at Mémorial de Caen following your museum tour
- Small-group tour limited to seven people for a more intimate experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you want a fascinating, in-depth tour of the Normandy beaches and other D-Day sites, this is the one to take! Seeing the grave markers in the American cemetery after hearing the heroic and harrowing stories of the invasion was especially moving for me.
What You Can Expect
Feel free to ask your guide any questions you may have about D-Day as you indulge in a 2-course lunch at La Terrasse, a restaurant at the museum.
In the afternoon, board a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan and embark on a 5-hour guided tour of some of the key D-Day sites you learned about during your Mémorial de Caen museum tour. See an impressive Mulberry harbor at Arromanches, one of the portable harbors built by the British to help Allied troops bring in hundreds of vehicles, tons of weapons and other materials for their assault. Visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial at Colleville-sur-Mer, a poignant reminder of the terrible cost of war.
Continue to the battery at Longues-sur-Mer and learn how German forces defended the coast. Hear about the incredibly heroic efforts of the US Army Ranger Assault Group at the clifftop Pointe du Hoc. Travel past the main landing beaches of D-Day, including Omaha Beach, and set foot on one of these beaches yourself. Imagine the din and chaos of that fateful day when Allied forces covered the sands that today seem so serene.
Throughout your small-group tour, your guide will share stories that will humanize the stark statistics of World War II and D-Day. By the end of this powerful tour of historic sites, you'll understand just how much was at stake on D-Day and have a new appreciation for the men who fought and died in the war. Your tour ends at the Caen railway station in the evening so you can easily catch a train back to Paris (own expense) if you wish.
Your 2-course lunch will include:
Main course (choice of four options)
"Gourmand Normand" - tea or coffee with a selection of traditional Normandy mini desserts
One glass of red or white wine