Read what other Viator.com travelers think about the Skip the Line: Front of Line Pass at Universal Studios Hollywood. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip.
Definitely recommend the Skip the Line pass. Much easier to access all shows and attractions. Easily did the whole park in a full day with the Skip the Line access. Would do again.
The most good thing was Behind The Scene of Water World! It's worth to attend three Behind the scene!
After reading many reviews we decided FOL passes would benefit us, and we were not wrong! Our family of 4 (2 adults,13 and 11y.o.) easily made it through all Universal Studios had to offer.
We did the studio tour, special effects stage, water world, animal actors, each ride twice (a couple of rides 4 times), including leaving the park to lunch on Universal Citywalk, all by 7:15pm.
My best advice is to do your homework (which attractions will suit your family) and PRE-PLAN your day before you enter the parking lot! Also, use the time spent in lines to plan the location of the next show or ride.
- PARK in general parking, it is convenient and cheapest
- ARRIVE @ entry around 8:30am and proceed directly to the FAR RIGHT box to exchange paper vouchers. We did not have to wait in line and the exchange was problem free.
- DO the 'studio tour' first. It is a fabulous way to start the day and wait times increase monumentally as the day progresses. The gate to the tour doesn't actually open until 9am, but join the crowd and
-LINE-UP for rides with short wait times early on in the day and save the FOL pass for later when the park is jam-packed and the wait times can be 90 mins. Eg. rides which state a '10mins' wait in the morning may allow you to walk right in, as was the case in our experience. If you have younger kids they will love the Simpsons ride and this is VERY popular with super long wait times later in the day. It is even worth lining up for 30mins in the morning to use your pass to skip the 90 min cue in the afternoon!
-Use LINE A for all attractions (you will be told this) and sit in RESERVED SEATING for shows (you will not be told this! We only worked this out by watching other FOL pass-holders at our 3rd show)
- Tickets were the cheapest I found on the internet at the time. They were also cheaper than the park price.
- Viator.com was very easy to use
- Tickets MUST be printed on paper and taken with!
- 5 stars
Excellent tour, well worth the extra $ for front of the line. Though note that you can only use the front of the line pass to let you skip, once per ride/tour, any other time you have to join the long line. You still have to stand in line to redeem the printed voucher.
We went on a quiet day and the majority of staff let us go on multiple rides with front of the line even though you're only allowed once.