- Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre and Rotorua shore excursion from Tauranga
- Take a guided tour of the Whakarewarewa thermal region
- Experience a Maori cultural traditional performance at Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre
- Visit the kiwi house and spot NZ’s native kiwi bird
- Enjoy fabulous views of downtown Rotorua
- Small-group limited to 19 ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Stop to take a walk past towering Californian redwoods at Hamurana Spring, the deepest freshwater spring in the North Island, and follow its course to Rotorua Lake, home to rainbow trout.
Continuing your journey, stop to see some of New Zealand's famous sheep along with other farm animals plus alpacas and ostriches at the Agrodome and Agroventures playground.
At Te Puia Maori Arts and Craft Centre, take a guided tour of the Whakarewarewa thermal village, highlighting the amazing bubbling mud and steam vents of the Pohutu Geyser. The world-famous 100-foot (30-meter) Geyser erupts up to 20 times a day.
Visit the kiwi house to spot the elusive native kiwi bird and experience the storytelling magic of a traditional Maori cultural performance. The Maori performance art brings the legends to life through song, dance and warlike stick games.
Your shore excursion continues to Rotorua for a tour of the city’s Government Gardens, historic bath house, Art Deco blue baths and the natural hot spring known as Whangapipiro (Rachel's Pool).
Your return trip to Tauranga follows a different route, taking you past native forests. Stop on the way at the lovely Kaituna Waterfalls and taste kiwifruits at Kiwi 360, where you can also see many products produced from the fruit.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Tauranga port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.