- Full-day Douro Valley tour from Porto with an expert guide
- Enjoy a lunch of typical Douro cuisine at a renowned local villa
- Visit two traditional wine estates in the heart of the valley for wine-tasting sessions
- Learn about the history, culture and people of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Douro region
- Upgrade to include a Douro River rabelo boat tour with scenic valley views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Auf dem BootausflugPhoto by: Georg G
- Cruising the DouroPhoto by: Natalie V
- Douro ValleyPhoto by: Natalie V
- Douro Valley PanoramaPhoto by: Joydeep Das
United Kingdom, 11 2015
- rives du DouroPhoto by: Roger D
- pinhaoPhoto by: Roger D
- promenade en rabelloPhoto by: Roger D
- quinta santa eufemiaPhoto by: Roger D
- une vue de la mini ...Photo by: Maurice C
- la vallée vue dune ...Photo by: Maurice C
- la dégustation de PortoPhoto by: Maurice C
- Jose, our tour guidePhoto by: Tim G
- Traditional Portuguese lunch ...Photo by: Tim G
- Wine tasting...nothing like ...Photo by: Tim G
- Breathtaking Douro ValleyPhoto by: Tim G
- Douro River SightPhoto by: Tim G
- Douro River BoatPhoto by: Tim G
- Quinta Do JallotoPhoto by: Tim G
- Douro ValleyPhoto by: Roberto D
- View from the RiverPhoto by: Ftremor
What You Can Expect
Stop to enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch with specialties accompanied with local wine.
Continue your tour to two family-run wine estates nestled in the gloriously remote countryside, a setting that offers a glimpse into the way of life in Douro. Learn about local winemaking as you sample various ports and wines, and then explore the shop for treats to take home with you.
After a full day experiencing the Douro Valley, relax on the drive back to your Porto hotel, arriving in the early evening.
The tour was the highlight of my trip to Porto - an absolutely stunning scenery and a good taste of Port wine! The tour guide, Pedro, was very helpful and made the tour very informative. I highly recommend the trip to wine-lovers and people willing to explore the area around Porto!
great day trip, I recommend it
Our tour guide, Alex, was super friendly and informative. Both trips to the wineries were picturesque, educational, and accompanied by generous tastings of wine and port. Highly recommended!
Excellent day trip. Barbara was a great guide and would definitely recommend this trip
Joanne was a wonderful guide! Our group ended up just being myself and my husband and a French couple, so we got to practice our French, but she flipped between the two languages effortlessly. She took us to smaller places that felt genuine and not at all like tourist traps. Her driving skills through the misty mountains were also impressive! Again, it felt like hanging out with a local friend, which was great. The boat trip was lovely even on a gray day.
Great day out, I took my mum as a surprise for her birthday, the tour operator and the hosts made us feel very special and my mum had an amazing day. Everyone we met was very knowledgeable about the region and the products available and they told the history in a very interesting and captivating way. I wouls do this tour again and I will recommend to others to give it a try!
Barbara was a fantastic guide, she kept us entertained the whole trip. The lunch, wine and port tastings were excellent and a great value. Erich, Lynda and Gord from Canada.
On time hotel pick up and drop off. Tour guide was excellent in his knowledge of area and Port tour and a safe driver. Lunch at the restaurant was good and the river cruise scenic. I would highly recommend this tour to friends visiting the region and I did tell our hotel that if anyone asks about a Douro Valley Tour to recommend this one. Well worth the money
It was terrific the driver so helpful and pleasant he told us so much about the area but did not lecture to us we were so pleased and happy to have been on this trip just wonderful
That was a great trip. A wonderful programme, pleasant and interesting. Our two guides Barbara and Pedro did an excellent job. The whole group of 14 people two minivans was very satisfied with the trip.
Very good value for money.