- Full-day tour of Maui, by air from Oahu
- Marvel at views from the summit of Mt Haleakala, a sacred site for Hawaiians and the highest point in Maui
- Hear from your guide about the volcanic history of Mt Haleakala
- Delve into the rain forest at Iao Valley State Park where you see lush vegetation and the stunning Iao Needle
- Visit the charming town of Wailuku, government seat of Maui
- Have time to wander through Ka’ahamanu Church, listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Includes round-trip flights from Oahu and ground transportation on Maui
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A well-organized day trip from Oahu featuring can't-miss Maui sights: spectacular views from the summit of Mt Haleakala, the emerald-green ridges of Iao Valley State Park and expansive fields of sugarcane.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit the top highlight of Maui, the majestic Haleakala Crater. As your coach climbs the long winding road that ascends 10,000 feet in just 37 miles (60 km), soak in stunning views of the west side of Maui and the Pacific Ocean. Arriving the summit of Mt Haleakala, marvel at the dormant volcano’s enormous crater, which measures 3,000 feet (915 meters) deep, 2.5 miles (4 km) wide, 7.5 miles (12 km) long and 22 miles (35 km) in circumference. Although the volcano last erupted in 1790, the land surrounding the lava flow still appears barren. Keep a jacket handy for the cooler temperatures at the summit.
In contrast to the stark volcanic terrain of Mt Haleakala, the Iao Valley boasts lush emerald rain forest interspersed with waterfalls, swimming holes and jagged mountain landscapes. Enjoy about an hour at Iao Needle, a rock pinnacle that stands 2,250 feet (686 m) above sea level. Take a stroll along an easy trail that gives you great views of the Iao Needle and the park's breathtaking scenery.
In addition to the natural highlights of the island, stop in the town of Wailuku, located near the Iao Valley. Have time to explore the quaint town and see the historic Ka’ahamanu Church, named in honor of Hawaiian monarch Queen Ka’ahamanu.
Your knowledgeable guide shares stories about Maui’s sights and history throughout your day, along with plenty of stops for photo ops and a lunch stop (own expense) around mid-day. At the end of about an eight hour tour on Maui, your guide takes you to the airport for your return flight to Oahu.
Highly recommend this tour. Our tour guide Judy was great, she was very knowledgeable. Maui is different from Waikiki, not as hectic, at a much slower pace. Beautiful surroundings.
Fantastic day. Cheryl our tour guide and driver was excellent.