- Half-day whale-watching excursion from Waikiki
- Board a catamaran or monohull for a 2-hour cruise to spot humpback whales
- Bust out binoculars to see the mighty mammals swim, play or feed
- Learn more about the migration pattern of humpback whales from your expert guide
- Bring your own lunch to enjoy, or nibble on provided snacks
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The boat can fit more than 40 people, but there are only 24 spots available on this tour. You will have plenty of room to wander around the boat for unobstructed views. You won't miss any of the action in the water!
What You Can Expect
The humpbacks, or kohola, arrive in Hawaii by late December after spending several colder months in Alaska. Learn more about whale migration and other facts as your guide takes you along the Oahu coastline for what’s likely to be a mighty show.
At any moment, you could see a whale perform a dramatic breach, communicate with the slap of the tail, or blow water from its spout. In the unlikely event that you don’t spot any whales on your trip, you get to choose another day for this whale-watching outing that is free of charge.
After two hours on the water, return to the harbor for round-trip transport back to your hotel.
We saw so many Whales, we could not count them all. Also saw some Dolphins and a monk sea lion (which are going extinct). Our captain and his helper really made us feel comfortable.
The guys that took on this excursion really knew what they were doing. The weather wasn't great but they could spot the whales and point them out to us in time to see them. What fun we had. Thanks Josh and Dan!