- Day trip to the Polynesian Cultural Center, Dole Plantation and North Shore of Oahu from Waikiki
- Experience Polynesian dance, music and craft traditions at the Polynesian Cultural Center
- Sample farm-fresh fruits, nuts and coffee at the Dole Plantation and Tropical Farms
- Stop at scenic beaches and see where big-wave surfing was pioneered at Waimea Bay
- Visit the Byodo-In Temple, a beautiful replica of an ancient Japanese wooden temple
- Learn about Hawaiian history from your expert tour guide
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After snapping some photos, continue to the Dole Pineapple Plantation where you walk through the garden to see exotic pineapple varieties and sample locally grown pineapple. Find treats to take home in the enticing gift shop!
Down the road, visit La’ie Point, known for its breathtaking views and the ‘puka’ island with a distinctive hole in its center – made by a 1946 tsunami! Then swing by another island that is said to resemble a Chinese hat, a shark fin or a lizard. Next, head to Tropical Farms where you can taste macadamia nuts, Hawaiian coffee and other native foods – fresh from the farm!
When you arrive at the Polynesian Cultural Center, take several hours to explore the simulated villages representing islands throughout Polynesia – including Fiji, Tonga, Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Aotearoa and the Marquesas. Watch costumed performers demonstrate canoeing, traditional dancing and music, and learn to dance hula or play the ukulele. Marvel as the ‘locals’ shimmy up a tall palm tree to pick coconuts and try it yourself!
While at the center, enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch buffet (included) of traditional Hawaiian foods such as kalua pork, which is baked in the imu – an underground oven that uses layers of hot coals, stones and leaves to cook the food.
After your time at the center, head back toward Waikiki with a short excursion to the Byodo-In Temple, a replica of an ancient Buddhist temple in Kyoto, Japan. See the golden Buddha that stands over 9 feet tall (3 meters), an elegant meditation pavilion and koi fish pond with black swans, turtles and peacocks.
Finish your fascinating day of touring Oahu when your mini-coach returns you to your Waikiki hotel.
We very much enjoyed this tour. We got to see more of the 'real' Hawaii. Enjoy the performances at the PCC and get a Pineapple Whip at the Dole Plantation. Our guide 'Josh' was excellent, very helpful and informative. I liked the smaller group.
Very nice trour. Our driver Ken was very informative. Too little time at the Dole Plantation, could not see anything but the gift shop. The Cultural Center was beautiful, The trip back was very educational, learned a lot about Hawaii I never knew. Worth the money!