- 8-hour food and sightseeing tour, from Waikiki
- Sip Oahu-grown coffee at Wailua Sugar Mill
- Get great photo ops at Shark’s Cove and Kahana Bay
- Tour a fruit farm and savor a delicious lunch in Kahuku
- Taste chocolates made from Hawaiian cacao, the only state in the USA where cacao grows
- Visit two delicious local chocolate producers where you can sample the treats and purchase gifts to take home
- Learn about Oahu’s fruit, cacao and coffee farms from your knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
Next, head to Shark’s Cove to walk along a beautiful beach that is popular for snorkeling. After wiggling your toes in the sand, return to the coach to go to Kahuku where you take a guided farm tour through orchards that grow papaya, banana, vanilla, guava and other tropical fruits. See the fruits on the trees, then enjoy them on your plate during a delicious lunch that includes your choice of pizza or a veggie panini accompanied by a fresh fruit smoothie.
When you have finished your lunch, continue along a scenic coastal highway with a stop at pretty Kahana Bay for photograph ops. Then visit the chocolate factory at Manoa Chocolate Hawaii to see their production process. If you like, choose from a variety of tempting treats made from Hawaiian-grown cacao to purchase and bring home.
Next, stop at another excellent chocolate producer called Madre Chocolate Shop. Madre Chocolates features organic, fair-trade chocolate recipes with roots in Mesoamerica, where chocolate originated. Sample their selection of luscious chocolates blended with fruits and spices traditionally used by the Aztec, Maya and Olmec tribes of Central America. One of their recipes was inspired by an Aztec chocolate drink flavored with the Oaxacan flower called rosita de cacao.
Throughout the day, your guide provides informative commentary about the history of Hawaii and the sights you pass, as well as the culinary traditions that you explore. After an 8-hour sightseeing tour, your guide returns you to your starting point.
So different brilliant
This was a most interesting tour and it was made excellent because of our guide and driver. Tiffany was superb, knowledgeable, fun and helpful.
It made our brief stay in Honolulu worthwhile.
Anne and Peter