- Full-day tour to the Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Estate Rum Factory, from Ocho Rios
- Spot wildlife on a boat cruise along Black River, one of the longest rivers in Jamaica
- Enjoy a traditional Jamaican lunch (included)
- Take a dip in the cascading waterfall and wading pool at gorgeous YS Falls
- Learn about Jamaica’s native plants and wildlife from your knowledgeable guide
- Sample Jamaican rums after a tour of the Appleton Estate Rum Factory
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After the cruise, relax and enjoy a traditional Jamaican lunch. Once you have finished your tasty meal, head to the lovely wilderness park at YS Falls. Have time to splash around in the cool waters, take a short walk along the river, or simply kick back on the banks while taking in the natural beauty of the 7-tiered cascading waterfall and its surroundings.
Refreshed by your dip at YS Falls, continue your journey to the day’s final destination, the Appleton Estate Rum Factory. Your informative guide takes you around the beautiful property and shows you the rum-making process, from harvesting the sugar cane to aging the liquor in oak barrels. Learn about time-honored methods used to extract the juice from sugar cane and see historic artifacts from the estate. Then taste the results with a rum sampling at the end of the tour! If you’d like to take a bottle home, you can shop at the estate’s tasting room.
When you wrap up at the rum factory, relax back on board your coach as you are returned to your hotel in the evening to end your tour.
The tour was spectacular. The tour guide was the best! I learned so much about Jamaica from him. I would definitely recommend this tour package.
If you're travelling from Ocho rios don't bother!! It was a 14 hour day with a pick up at 6:20.No time for breakfast and none offered. The places themselves were great. YS falls was beautiful but only had 45 mins there. Always being herded like sheep. No time to explore. The driver was dangerous.