- Hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of Muscat
- Explore Muscat at leisure for either 24 or 48 hours
- See top Muscat attractions like Ruwi, Muttrah Souk and Qurum Beach
- Enjoy a 1-hour walking tour of Muscat Old Quarter and see attractions like Sultan Al Alam Palace with a guide
- Hop on and off as many times as you wish at any of the 11 stops around the city
- Enjoy informative audio commentary in 8 different languages on board the bus
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Aboard a comfortable, open-top, double-decker bus, admire top city attractions, such as Muttrah Souk – a warren of frankincense-scented lanes that zigzag through the town – and Qurum Beah where locals hold beach-side barbeques on balmy evenings. Pass through the business district of Ruwi with its sleek high-rise buildings or perhaps hop off by Muscat Royal Opera House – one of the most impressive arts centers in the Middle East.
A walking tour through the heart of Muscat Old Town is also included with your ticket, so why not not hop off at Muscat Old Quarter and discover the city's old Arabian charm with a guide? The 1-hour tour starts at 3pm and takes in two Portuguese forts, Sultan Al Alam Palace, the Royal Court and a Persian-style mosque.
With your ticket, you can remain on the bus for an entire loop (roughly 1.5 hours) as you listen to the informative audio commentary, or you can hop on and off at any of the 10 stops around the city to explore Muscat’s enchanting delights. Choose from a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket!
Muscat Hop-On Hop-Off Tour Stops:
- Muttrah Souk (free shuttle bus operates from the souk to Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque)
- Krishna Temple
- Qurum Beah
- Qurum National Park
- Central Buisness District
- Parliament Building
- Muscat Marina
- Muscat Old Quarter (1-hour walking tour starts from this stop at 3pm)
- Muttrah Corniche
It was really, really good. The sights in Muscat are quite dispersed but the bus journey takes you directly to the best bits. The walking tour around the old town was excellent and the general recorded guide was informative and very interesting. Loved it, will consider going on other Big Bus tours in other parts of the region. Just one point, it's worth booking a hotel near the drop-off points as there is only bus per hour.
I was extremely disappointed. I bought a 48hr ticket, which turned out to be a waste of money. the distance from the bus stops to the 'attractions' was often too far and also "because it was quiet" I was told in unfriendly terms that the tour was 2hrly not every hour as stated, therefore often too long for some stops.
I have used Hop on Off many times before in different locations and this was definitely my worst experience.
the driver had very little local knowledge and his English was not sufficient-remember most international travellers speak English, even if it is not their native tongue.