Want to race eight laps of the Walt Disney World Speedway like a race car expert? With your hands on the wheel and your foot on the gas, you'll be in the driver's seat of a V8 professional stock car that roars with 600 horsepower. The program lasts around 3 hours, but the memories will last a lifetime!
- Morning or afternoon Race Car Ride-Along Rookie Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway, Orlando
- Eight laps around the Walt Disney World Speedway
- Track orientation and information sessions
- Graduation pack, including detailed lap-time sheet and official Graduation Certificate
- Includes all taxes and fees
Recent Photos of this Tour
Getting out of the carPhoto by: Andrew HUnited Kingdom, 10 2008
In the Car -- Peace Out!Photo by: Andrew HUnited Kingdom, 10 2008
Where is My Harness?!Photo by: Andrew HUnited Kingdom, 10 2008
Coming backPhoto by: Andrew HUnited Kingdom, 10 2008
Dale Junior Car -- Nice!Photo by: Andrew HUnited Kingdom, 10 2008
Your Rookie Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway Orlando includes an orientation session, on-track instruction, photo opportunities and driver's Q&A, before you sliding through the car window and on to the track for 2 to 4 hours of fun-filled driving in a professional Nextel Cup style stock car. You'll be suited up in a regulation helmet, neck guard and drivers suit for your safety. Please remember to bring closed toed shoes.
After the closing ceremony, you'll receive your lap-time sheet and graduation certificate and you'll be a rookie no more!
Your Rookie Experience includes:
- 10 minutes - Orientation and Video: Meet the RPDE staff and watch a short video
- 20 minutes - On-Track Instruction in RPDE Van: Master the track driving line, accel/decel points and more
- 20 minutes - In-Car Instruction and Photos: View the interior equipment; Have your photo taken outside the car
- 10 minutes - Mandatory Driver's Meeting: This is the time to ask any questions and get the driving order
- 1 - 2 hours - Driving Experience (time varies by experience)
- 15 minutes - Closing Ceremony: Receive your lap-time sheet and graduation certificate
Please note: all times are approximate and subject to weather conditions and participant experience levels.
Reviewed by Lauren C, September 2011
My husband participated in the rookie experience and said it was one of the best things he has EVER done. Even though I only observed, I also thought the instructor and the crew were extremely entertaining. Thanks so much - it was a fantastic time!
Reviewed by John B, September 2011
I was totally satisfied with my driving experience. The instructors were great. In the classroom the instructor said that if you reach 120 mph and do a lap in 41 seconds, that would be great. I reached a top speed of 127 mph and did a lap in 39.26 seconds. I will definitely be attending again so that I can go to the next level. Awesome!