Tour Kyoto’s famous landmarks all in one day, traveling by rail from Osaka! Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites in the former royal capital, including Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple (Golden Pavilion) and Kiyomizu Temple. You'll observe classical Japanese life in the elegant gardens of Heian Shrine, explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace and view 1,001 Bodhisattva statues at Sanjusangendo Hall. A local guide offers informative commentary throughout your day trip, including lunch, until you return to Osaka by train.
- Kyoto full-day sightseeing tour from Osaka
- Travel round-trip by JR rail, 30 minutes in each direction
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites: Nijo Castle, the Golden Pavilion and Kiyomizu Temple
- Explore Sanjusangendo Hall, Kyoto Imperial Palace and the enchanting Heian Shrine with a knowledgeable local guide
- Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch and browse for goods at the Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Discover plenty of photo opportunities with a backdrop of autumn leaves or cherry blossoms
- Hotel pickup from selected Osaka hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
This is a must do if you're going to Kyoto! Yes, it was exhausting seeing so much in one day, but it gave us the chance to see all the more popular sights at once and other days could be focused on the "out of the way" locations. Lunch wasn't great, but it was a planned meal that we did not have to worry about. The best part was that the final stop is a short walk to the Gion District, so we just left the tour (informing the guide of course) walked to Gion for sightseeing and dinner, and took the trains back to our hotel. All in all this is well worth the money!
Very good and informative. We enjoyed it very much. Buffet lunch was good (tasty food) but time given for lunch could be shorter so more time could be spent on touring places of interest and souvenir shopping.