- Private city sightseeing tour of Osaka's top attractions
- Visit Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine (Sumiyoshi Taisha), one of the most visited shrines in the country for the New Year
- Snap great photos of Osaka from its famous Osaka Castle – constructed over three years by 100,000 workers in 1583
- Walk through the trendy Amerika-Mura part of Dotonbori where Osaka’s youth shop and mingle
- Experience why Osaka is called the “kitchen of the world” when you taste the amazing food served up in central Dotonbori's restaurants
What You Can Expect
From the Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine, head to Osaka Castle and learn about the tumultuous history of this castle since the original was built in the late 1500s. From the 8th floor observation deck, you’ll get great views of the surrounding gardens and city.
After exploring Osaka Castle, take a break over lunch in a local restaurant.
At Dotonbori, you will walk with your guide to Amerika-Mura. Check out the funky shops and enjoy great people-watching in this center of Osaka youth culture. Then stroll over to the Sennichima Doguyasuji Shopping Street, where stores sell everything related to the food industry, including the plastic food samples on display at Japanese restaurants.
After working up an appetite, head to the bustling restaurant hub in central Dotonbori where your guide will take you to a restaurant of your choice. Local specialties include tacoyaki (octopus balls) and the potentially deadly fugu (poisonous puffer fish).
Your guide will return you to Osaka Station, located nearby, where you’ll make your own way back to your hotel.
Please contact that local operator for the exact meeting location at Osaka station, if you are coming out side of Osaka to participate in the tour.