- Discover Oxford and its highlights with a hop-on hop-off bus tour
- See the best of the ‘City of Dreaming Spires’ at your own pace with a 24- or 48-hour ticket
- Pass by must-see city sights including Oxford Castle and Christ Church College
- Set your own sightseeing schedule, hopping on and off at any of the 20 stops
- Sit on the open-air, top deck and soak up 360-degree views of the honey-stoned university city
- Listen to the onboard audio commentary to learn about the historical city
What You Can Expect
With your 24- or 48-hour ticket, choose to stay on the bus for the entire loop, or hop on and off at any of the stops to explore the city’s sights. See the Itinerary for a list of stops. As you travel, plug into the informative audio commentary and admire the timeworn, honey-colored buildings.
Perhaps hop off at the New Road stop to visit Oxford Castle. Learn how the medieval Norman castle was mostly destroyed during the English Civil War, with the remaining buildings then being transformed in to a prison.
After, maybe stop at Christ Church College, one of the largest colleges in the University of Oxford. Admire its grand façade then, if it’s open to the public at your time of visiting, head inside to discover its fascinating history. Learn about the many distinguished people who have studied here — including Albert Einstein and Lewis Carroll — and see the Great Hall, which has been featured in several of the Harry Potter movies.
Next, perhaps visit Sheldonian Theatre, which was designed by Sir Christopher Wren in the 17th century. This historical venue serves as the university’s official ceremonial hall, but it is open to the public when not in use. Choose to visit independently or join in with a guided tour, then head inside to explore the main theater. Gaze up at the majestic ceiling that was painted during the reign of King Charles II. Then, explore the attic before taking in 360-degree panoramic views of Oxford from the Cupola.
The full loop lasts around one hour, and buses arrive at each stop every 15, 20 or 30 minutes, depending on the season.
- Oxford Railway Station
- Park End Street
- Gloucester Green Bus Station
- New Road
- Westgate Shopping Centre
- Speedwell Street
- Pembroke College, Christ Church College and St. Aldates
- Brasenose College
- The Queen’s College
- The Plain
- St Cross Road
- Sheldonian Theatre
- Trinity College
- Parks Road
- Banbury Road
- Woodstock Road
- Brown’s Restaurant
- Magdalen Street East
- Randolph Hotel