- Full-day private shore excursion from Palermo to Segesta, Erice and Marsala
- Explore the charming towns of Segesta and Erice and admire the Doric Temple and Venus Castle
- See top Marsala attractions, such as the Church of St John the Baptist and the Marsala Cathedral
- Visit Baglio Anselmi, Marsala's impressive archeological museum
- Savor famous Baglio Anselmi wine (own expense)
- Private tour with port pickup and drop-off ensures a personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your driver will take you west toward the coast to the beautiful town of Erice, located on Mt Erice. According to legend, Erice was founded by the Trojans while in exile from their own land. Walk up to Venus Castle, a breathtaking structure from the Norman period built on top of the ancient Temple of Venus. Take in stunning views of the city below from the castle walls.
Next, head to the city of Marsala. Here, see evidence of the influence of the Roman, Norman and Spanish civilizations as you visit the Marsala Cathedral, which was built on the foundations of a preexisting Norman castle. Visit the 16th-century Church of St John the Baptist, a true pride of Marsala and well known for its underground vaults.
Marsala is also famous for the production of excellent Marsala wines. Visit the Baglio Anselmi, an archeological museum where Marsala wine is made, and savor a sample of excellent wine (own expense). At the end of this magnificent day, your driver will bring you comfortably back to the port of Palermo.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Palermo port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.