- Indian Canyons 3-hour jeep and hiking eco-tour from Palm Springs
- Learn about the history and culture of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians from your informative guide
- See desert flora and breathtaking views on an easy 1-mile hike up Andreas Canyon
- Capture photos of the sweeping natural palm oasis from the rim of Palm Canyon
- Shop for souvenirs and crafts at an Indian trading post
- Small-group tour limited to seven people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Disembark the jeep to stretch your legs on a 1-mile walk up Andreas Canyon along a lovely stream shaded by palms. See old bedrock mortars and the sacred mound where the Cahuilla believed their creator, Mukat, lived. When you emerge above the canopy of palms, delight in stunning views of the canyon's cliff walls.
Next, ride to the rim of Palm Canyon and take photos of the largest natural palm oasis in North America. Take a short walk to a water cave that feeds the valley below in winter and spring. Throughout your tour, you will be walking on mostly even terrain -- mostly shorter walks but also the 1-mile hike.
After discovering the best of the Indian Canyons by jeep and on foot, browse the jewelry, pottery and baskets at an Indian trading post to find the perfect souvenir of your adventure. Your 3-hour tour of Indian Canyons ends with drop-off at your Palm Spring hotel.