- Small-group open-air Jeep tour from Palm Springs to the San Andreas Fault
- Learn about early pioneer settlers and the Cahuilla Indians
- Explore a mining camp and gold mine exhibit -- even pan for gold!
- Tour lead by an expert, naturalist guide
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Hear about the life and culture of the Cahuilla Indians, and visit a replica village on a historic Indian site that houses many Indian artifacts and interpretive displays. Explore an old mining camp filled with antique mining equipment, tour a gold mine exhibit and try your hand at panning for gold!
You will also explore the narrow slot canyons created by the collision of the Pacific and North American plates. Your guide will describe the geology of the San Andreas Fault and enlighten you about everything you could ever want to know about earthquakes.
Whether your interest is in desert life, plants, animals, geology, earthquakes, Native American culture, early pioneer history or rugged adventure, you'll be fascinated by this San Andreas Fault eco-tour!
We loved it, especially our guide. She was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the desert (probably since she was a former forest ranger) . we all learned a lot and saw some awesome scenery.
We are new residents to the area, enjoyed learning about the fault, the fauna and tasting the local flora. Our guide was amazing!