Book by December 23, 2015 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Exclusive after-hours tour of the Opera Garnier in Paris
- Explore the opera house’s magnificent interior without the crowds
- Admire opulent chandeliers, paintings and mirrors in the Grand Foyer and Members' Rotunda
- Visit the lavish 2,000-seat auditorium, making this one of Europe's largest opera houses
- Hear about famous operas that have played here, like La Traviata, as well as the inspiration for The Phantom of the Opera
Recent Photos of This Tour
- May 2, 2015Photo by: Svetlana Y
- The Grand StaircasePhoto by: Kimi E
- RehearsalPhoto by: Pete
USA, 09 2014
- Ceiling medallionPhoto by: Carrie M
- Inside the Opera Pic 5Photo by: Nidale T
- Inside the Opera Pic 4Photo by: Nidale T
- Inside the Opera Pic 3Photo by: Nidale T
- Inside the Opera Pic 2Photo by: Nidale T
- Inside the OperaPhoto by: Nidale T
- Palais GarnierPhoto by: Rachel
- Me inside Palais GarnierPhoto by: Rachel
- Gorgeous interior of Palais ...Photo by: Rachel
- Staircases in Palais GarnierPhoto by: Rachel
- The Phantom of the Opera's boxPhoto by: Rachel
- Admiring the decor in Palais ...Photo by: Rachel
- Take a seat in the Palais ...Photo by: Rachel
- The chandelier in Palais ...Photo by: Rachel
- Amazing architecture in ...Photo by: Rachel
What You Can Expect
Amazing building, well worth the visit.
Our guide was fantastic! She was really informative and didn't make it feel like we were rushed. Was a great way to see the opera house and here it's history without mobs of people.
The after-hours tour is limited and sells out quickly. It was great to have the place to ourselves and a few other groups. The guides kept the groups separate so we felt as if we were the only ones there. As warned in the brochure, the theatre itself may be closed due to rehearsals. This was our situation. I was disappointed but we were able to go into a private box and watch a bit of the rehearsal. As a fan of Phantom of the Opera it was fun to see the Phantom's box which has an honorary plaque. Book ahead since the tours are limited.
Brilliant architecture. After many trips to Paris, I wanted to see something different and it was a treat. We were lucky and were able to sit in the seats as well while a few of the orchestra were warming up which doesn't usually happen. I enjoyed this tour better than Versailles.
Whatever else you do in Paris, fit this tour in! Truly breathtaking. Our guide was lovely and incredibly knowledgable. I loved how the architecture ensured that 'nobles' were seen as they 'paraded' at the opera. Suggest that guide uses audio thingey for larger groups as sometimes was hard to hear.
Excellent tour guide
This is a must-do tour! What a wonderful way to learn the history of this fabulous building. The tour guide was exceptional and all of her explanations were thorough. Loved the stories she filled in with.
Wouldn't see it any other way! Our guide Caroline was very knowledgeable and easy to understand. She gave colorful details of the building and answered an array of questions from our group. Seeing it after hours was sublime. No screaming children or people interrupting our tour for photo-ops. Our group was about 20 people. We even got to see some stage hands working on the nights ballet performance lighting and staging. Now I want to go see a performance!!!
First of all, our guide was this beautiful Italian girl named Tiziana sp? and she was so good at her job. SO GOOD. She was informative, lively, and was full of anecdotes as well as facts about the history of this place.
Second of all, prepare to save A LOT of room in your camera/phones because you will be taking a lot of photographs here. The interior is INSANELY OPULENT. I wont say anymore, dont want to spoil the surprise.
BOOK IT, ITS WORTH IT!
$18.90 Save $1.89