- Combined small group tour focusing on Vincent van Gogh's final days in Auvers sur Oise and Claude Monet's home and gardens at Giverny
- Lunch with drinks at the Moulin de Fourges
- Walk through Monet's inspirational garden and home
- Commentary from your expert guide-interpreter
- Smaller number of tour members ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit the Musée des Impressionnismes Giverny. Artists traveled to Giverny to meet Claude Monet and draw inspiration from his impressionist techniques. Next, enjoy lunch at the Moulin de Fourges before arriving at Auvers sur Oise.The final stop on your artists' tour before returning to Paris is a visit to Auvers sur Oise, where Vincent van Gogh painted his last works before his death here in 1890.
It helped that we had brilliant fall weather--cool and clear. But our guide/driver, Alice, couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Once we reached our destinations she steered us in the right direction but gave us ample time on our own for independent exploration. Lunch at a mill near Giverny was tasty in a very attractive setting. All in all, a fabulous day we shall treasure.
We had a lovely guide and day. 6 of us were picked up on time and had a very informative day! It was lovely at Giverny and sad at Auvers sur Oise. I know we did Monet's Garden first because of the crowd management, but it might have been better to end on the high of Monet's success rather than Van Goh's seeming failure. Very nice lunch -nice group and great guide. Would recommend highly