- Full-day trip to Versailles from Paris with an expert local guide
- Enjoy fast-track entrance to the Palace of Versailles with your skip-the-line ticket
- Tour the State Apartments and gaze in awe at the Hall of Mirrors
- Explore Versailles Gardens at leisure
- Relax over a 3-course lunch in a restaurant near the Grand Canal
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Grand Trianon and the Queen’s Hamlet
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you want a complete Versailles experience, try this package that includes transport, skip-the-line admission and a three-course lunch. You get plenty of free time in the exquisite gardens and a chance to see the pink marble Grand Trianon, which isn't included in many other Versailles tours.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- King Louis XIVPhoto by: Shjohn76
- The Queens HamletPhoto by: Boris G
USA, 09 2015
- The Belvedere in the Petit ...Photo by: Boris G
USA, 09 2015
- Gardens of VersaillesPhoto by: Boris G
USA, 09 2015
- View of Versailles: the ...Photo by: Boris G
USA, 09 2015
- Versailles is definitely a ...Photo by: James G
- VersaillesPhoto by: Val
- The Palace of VersaillesPhoto by: Jesse M
- Marie Antoinettes villagePhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Garden with part of the ...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- The fountains in the grand ...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- Nice drawing room...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- Versailles PalacePhoto by: STEFANIE S
- EntrancePhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Fireplace in one of the roomsPhoto by: Gloria R
- The Gates of VersaillesPhoto by: Stephen S
- Ceilings of VersaillePhoto by: Eileen M
- Lunch TimePhoto by: Kevin F
- Two amazing ladies; Lucilla ...Photo by: Kevin F
- The Grandeur of VersaillePhoto by: Kevin F
What You Can Expect
First stop is the Palace of Versailles, the town’s sprawling palatial compound where Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, once lived. At the center of French royal power throughout 17th and 18th centuries, the building oozes royal elegance and, as such, draws visitors from all around the world.
Head straight past the long lines of visitors outside the palace with your skip-the-line ticket, and head inside to experience the history and opulence of it. On a tour led by your expert guide, discover the stunning State Apartments that comprise the Hall of Mirrors and Queen’s Apartments. While walking, your guide will enthrall you with tales of the kings who lived there.
After an hour of touring Versailles Palace, stroll out into the gardens to explore them at your leisure. Every bit as grand as the palace, the French Baroque-style gardens took nearly 40 years to complete with magnificent features like the Versailles fountains and the Orangery. After strolling around, meet your guide for lunch at a restaurant, close to Versailles' Grand Canal. Please see the Itinerary below for your sample menu.
Your afternoon is spent at the Grand Trianon, the UNESCO-listed marble palace in the middle of the gardens. Admire its distinctive pink marble colonnades with your guide and hear tales of Napoleon who re-styled it after Louis XIV and his family left. Marie Antionette’s Queen’s Hamlet is nearby, and this is the last Versailles sight to be seen before your journey back to Paris. Designed by the popular French architect Richard Mique, the retreat features a charming thatched-roof cottage, lakes, streams and even a little farmhouse.
After exploring the Queen’s Hamlet, head back to your luxury minibus for the return journey to Paris.
• Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with basil
Second Course (choice of one):
• Sirloin steak with Béarnaise sauce and creamed potatoes
• Roast salmon with butter sauce and creamed potatoes
• Seasonal fruit tart
• Tea or coffee
outstanding tour, lots of history to enjoy, part of tour package included being picked up by tour guide at the hotel, made whole tour easy. Guide was excellent, the best we have ever had and we have had a number of tours in Europe,
A fantastic day! Our guide Michelle was just terrific. She was very informative and passionate about the history of Versailles. Michelle always made sure we saw the best bits and was very patient with our small group of 6. Lunch was lovely also, a great bunch of friendly people made the day even more enjoyable, especially for me as I was travelling alone. For me the absolute highlight was Marie Antoinette's palace, especially the village. It was a treat. This tour is a must. Even though one day is not enough, you won't see enough in a half day tour. Hassle free hotel pick and drop off as well. Highly recommended.
Great tour. Since there were only six people on this tour, the tour guide was able to customize our tour and take us to see some things that big groups could not see.
Excellent tour highlighted by a very competent and entertaining tour guide. She was certainly special and please look up her name and give her high praise.
guide was excellant
This was a great tour, the guide was brilliant, the Palace amazing, well organised and on time. We really enjoyed the tour and lunch was great.
A very interesting and enjoyable tour. Hotel pickup and drop off is good. English speaking guide along with fuide using a speaker in van and quiet boxes on this tour was appreciated. Lunch included in tour was very good. Would do this again, not enough time to see everything available but we did see a lot.
Great tour of the castle and grounds. Nice lunch and then a tour of Marie Antoinette's holiday house and the village she had built.
This was the best. The guide was outstanding. Can't say enough for this trip...the guide was on time, she protected us from the pushy crowds, received lots of local knowledge.
Tour guide is helpful and worthy to use skip line