- Full-day trip to Versailles from Paris with an expert local guide
- Enjoy fast-track entrance to the Palace of Versailles with your skip-the-line ticket
- Tour the State Apartments and gaze in awe at the Hall of Mirrors
- Explore Versailles Gardens at leisure
- Relax over a 3-course lunch in a restaurant near the Grand Canal
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Grand Trianon and the Queen’s Hamlet
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
First stop is the Palace of Versailles, the town’s sprawling palatial compound where Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, once lived. At the center of French royal power throughout 17th and 18th centuries, the building oozes royal elegance and, as such, draws visitors from all around the world.
Head straight past the long lines of visitors outside the palace with your skip-the-line ticket, and head inside to experience the history and opulence of it. On a tour led by your expert guide, discover the stunning State Apartments that comprise the Hall of Mirrors and Queen’s Apartments. While walking, your guide will enthrall you with tales of the kings who lived there.
After an hour of touring Versailles Palace, stroll out into the gardens to explore them at your leisure. Every bit as grand as the palace, the French Baroque-style gardens took nearly 40 years to complete with magnificent features like the Versailles fountains and the Orangery. After strolling around, meet your guide for lunch at a restaurant, close to Versailles' Grand Canal. Please see the Itinerary below for your sample menu.
Your afternoon is spent at the Grand Trianon, the UNESCO-listed marble palace in the middle of the gardens. Admire its distinctive pink marble colonnades with your guide and hear tales of Napoleon who re-styled it after Louis XIV and his family left. Marie Antionette’s Queen’s Hamlet is nearby, and this is the last Versailles sight to be seen before your journey back to Paris. Designed by the popular French architect Richard Mique, the retreat features a charming thatched-roof cottage, lakes, streams and even a little farmhouse.
After exploring the Queen’s Hamlet, head back to your luxury minibus for the return journey to Paris.
• Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with basil
Second Course (choice of one):
• Sirloin steak with Béarnaise sauce and creamed potatoes
• Roast salmon with butter sauce and creamed potatoes
• Seasonal fruit tart
• Tea or coffee