- Full-day Champagne region tour from Paris with a knowledgeable guide
- Explore the chic Moet and Chandon Champagne cellars in Epernay
- Discover Hautvillers, where Dom Pérignon once lived
- See how Champagne gets its star appeal as you learn about the intricate Champagne-making process
- Tour the House of Mumm Champagne cellars in Reims
- Sample glasses of premium Champagne including GH Mumm's Cordon Rouge label
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour features all the big-name Champagne houses -- Moet & Chandon, Mumm and Dom Perignon -- as well as some fabulous views as you travel through Reims Mountain National Park. And did I mention the free bubbly?
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
As you tour this incredible labyrinth of chalk cellars with your guide, learn about the magical process of turning standard white wine into something fizzy! Hear about humidity levels and temperature control, and see for yourself how the bubbles get into each bottle. At the end of your 1-hour walking tour around the cellars, sample a glass of Moet Champagne and discuss its complex creation with the fellow Champagne lovers in your group.
From Epernay, hop back on board your air-conditioned minivan and travel through Reims Mountain National Park, home to Grand Cru vineyards, before reaching Hautvillers with your guide. Known as ‘the birthplace of Champagne,’ this charming village is best-known for its most famous ex-resident, Dom Pérignon, the innovative Benedictine monk who dedicated most of his life to producing and perfecting Champagne.
Reims is the last stop of your day, and in this city rich with tradition and culture, visit the must-see House of Mumm Champagne cellars. As a sommelier guide shows you around, discover the main stages involved in the production of Mumm’s famous Champagne and learn how Champagne has different levels of sweetness -- termed sec or demi-sec. End your tour on a high note, with a glass of highly regarded GH Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne, before returning to Paris.