- Half-day trip to the UNESCO-listed Château de Fontainebleau, outside Paris
- Listen to informative audio-guided commentary while touring the castle at your own pace
- Admire varying architectural styles that date back to the 12th century
- Explore lavishly decorated rooms and stroll through the Fontainebleau Gardens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by luxury air-conditioned minivan included
One of the largest French châteaux, this impressive UNESCO World Heritage-listed castle is a joy to behold. Lived in by sovereigns since the Middle Ages, the castle exudes royalty on every level. Gaze in awe at its architecture, built across seven centuries, and admire the famous horseshoe staircase that leads from the castle’s palatial doors.
Your host will hand over your entrance ticket and state-of-the-art audio headset, and then leave you at the admission gates. Following the route described by your audio guide, set off to explore!
There are more than 1,500 rooms comprising elaborate dining halls, galleries and ballrooms, not to mention 130 hectares (321 acres) of parks and gardens. Wander over to the beautiful Pavilion on Fontainebleau’s famous Carp Pond, or stroll through the English Garden – lined with pristine lawns, shrubs and trees.
After approximately 2.5 hours of exploring this magnificent site at leisure, meet your host back at the pre-arranged point for your relaxing journey back to Paris.