- Take part in a 1.5-hour match of Pétanque, a form of French boules, in Paris’ Dauphine Gardens
- Learn about the history of this popular French game from your friendly host
- Play boules as the French do -- with a glass of wine in your hand!
- Discuss strategy with your teammates and try to make a winning move known as faire un carreau
- Discover the complex rules of the game!
What You Can Expect
Julie Ann G
We really enjoyed learning how to play pétanque in a lovely Parisienne park whilst drinking Rose.
Absolutely marvellous. This was the highlight of our trip to Paris. Paul was excellent and made the activity so much fun. Great afternoon learning to play as well as having a glass or two of wine. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and would recommend it as a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Felt as though we were playing with a group of friends experiencing the French way of life.
Rafael, our parisian guide, was as charming and as friendly as could be. We were, however, disappointed because we had expected to learn more about the rules and strategy of the game as outlined in the tour description. It was a very enjoyable experience in a lovely square on a perfect summer evening, but we didn't learn what we were hoping to from the experience.
Cannot rate this as our guide did not show up at the time or place we were given in the re-confirmation call our hotel made for us. Big disappointment.