- Wine and Champagne tasting in Paris
- Taste six wines from different regions in France such as Bordeaux, Sancerre and Champagne
- Learn the best wine-tasting techniques from your expert sommelier guide
- Discover how Champagne is made and what makes it so special
- Learn about the concepts such as 'terroir' and 'appellation'
- Relax in a lovely wine bar in central Paris and soak in the fun, friendly atmosphere
What You Can Expect
Your friendly and informative sommelier guide will lead the session and offer interesting insight into French wine with a unique and refreshing approach. Discover how Champagne is made and what makes it so prized. Learn how to taste wine properly and how to read a French wine label. If you’ve ever been confused by concepts such as ‘terroir’ or ‘appellation,’ your knowledgeable host will explain them in detail.
In a relaxed atmosphere, enjoy samples of wine, served in crystal Riedel wine glasses, accompanied by fresh bread. As you savor the flavors, learn about the different wine regions of France including the grapes they grow and the style of wine they make. You’ll be given a list of the wines you tasted as a reminder of your afternoon, and will leave your 2-hour wine-tasting session with newfound expertise and appreciation of French wine.
The Oh Chateau class was great. Richard was funny and informative. I feel like I know a little more about wine; I'm no expert, but what he told us made us all feel a bit more confident with wine. Or maybe that was just the wine. Either way, a good time.
This was a BRILLIANT afternoon and Olivier is entertaining and knowledgable and the wines are delicious. Get the cheese platter it really makes the experience!!!