- Wine and Champagne tasting in Paris
- Taste six wines from different regions in France such as Bordeaux, Sancerre and Champagne
- Learn the best wine-tasting techniques from your expert sommelier guide
- Discover how Champagne is made and what makes it so special
- Learn about the concepts such as 'terroir' and 'appellation'
- Relax in a lovely wine bar in central Paris and soak in the fun, friendly atmosphere
What You Can Expect
Your friendly and informative sommelier guide will lead the session and offer interesting insight into French wine with a unique and refreshing approach. Discover how Champagne is made and what makes it so prized. Learn how to taste wine properly and how to read a French wine label. If you’ve ever been confused by concepts such as ‘terroir’ or ‘appellation,’ your knowledgeable host will explain them in detail.
In a relaxed atmosphere, enjoy samples of wine, served in crystal Riedel wine glasses, accompanied by fresh bread. As you savor the flavors, learn about the different wine regions of France including the grapes they grow and the style of wine they make. You’ll be given a list of the wines you tasted as a reminder of your afternoon, and will leave your 2-hour wine-tasting session with newfound expertise and appreciation of French wine.
We had a great time and tasted some very nice wines.
The wine tasting was definitely educational. Our instructor took the time to tell us about the different regions of France where the wines come from which I really appreciated. The class was mostly Americans. The bar upstairs was very nice with a ton of wines on tap. I would recommend this class to anyone.